Thursday, October 9, 2008

Waitressing

So, last night, as I do every Wednesday night, I went to my other job and waitressed for three hours. Well, it should have been three hours, but it ended up being three and a half. When I first walked in, I thought it was going to be a really slow night, like last Wednesday. Boy was I wrong! Around 6:00, it got busy and didn’t stop until 8:10. Keep in mind that the diner closes at 8:00 and I was the only waitress, so I still had to clean the whole place. Needless to say, I wasn’t happy because I just wanted to get home to my family. When I cashed in my tips, it made me feel a lot better. I still was unhappy about staying late, but I made really good money for a Wednesday night.

At 8:40, I called Keith to see if Kasey was still up and he informed me that Kasey had passed out on his pillow in the living room 20 minutes earlier. I wished he would have taken pictures because he looked so cute sleeping on Dada’s pillow with his little butt sticking up in the air.

It really kills me to not be spending as much time with my family as I could, but with the economy the way it is, we really need to have more of a financial cushion. It’ll probably only be until spring anyway.

On a happier note, I called Disney today to order Kasey’s birthday cake. It will have Mickey’s face and it will just say “Happy Birthday.” It was $21 whether I got “Happy 2nd Birthday Kasey” or Mickey’s face, so I figured I go with Mickey since Kasey LOVES him. Next Tuesday I will be ordering his cake for his birthday party. Can you guess what it is?? That’s right, it’s a Mickey Mouse cake. Do you see a trend here?

I am nearly packed for our trip, which is a huge relief. I really can’t wait to go. I think that Kasey is going to have an amazing time, even though he probably won’t remember it. Once we get back, we will be heavily potty training. Wish us luck.

That’s about all for now. Hopefully I will have something more to post tonight.

Kano E

No comments: