Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkins, Bees, Work and Chaos

So, this weekend was another busy one.

Saturday, at 10:00 we met Dee, Mark, Jack, and Kate at the pumpkin patch. Much to our surprise, the wagon rides didn’t start until 11:00, so we kept the kids busy with the animals, apples and all of the other fun stuff at Banker’s. Finally, around 10:30 or 10:45, the tractors starting roaring, so we ran into line. Unfortunately, we missed the first wagon, so we had to wait about 5-10 minutes for the next tractor to come along. During our waiting session, there were a lot of bees around. It had gotten warm, so I went to put mine and Kasey’s coats in the car. Much to my surprise, Kasey managed to get stung in the cheek by a bee. Surprisingly, he didn’t even cry. His cheek was puffy and red because Kasey and I wouldn’t leave it alone. After a little while the swelling went down and I put anti-itch gel on it. The actual pumpkin patch was pretty fun. Kasey and Jack just ran around in the field and got dirty. In the end, they ended up playing with a bunch of gourds.

After the pumpkin patch, we ran to Walmart and Sam’s Club to pick up a few things and to order Kasey’s birthday cake. Well, Kasey peed through his pants, so it was back to Walmart to buy new pants. We finally made it to Dee & Mark’s for a day of pizza and playing. Mid-afternoon we left because I had to go to work. Can you say chaotic day?? :)

Work this weekend was pretty good. I made quite a bit in tips and had some amazing pie (since I didn’t have time to have dinner either night). One more night and I am done working for 2 ½ weeks. At this time next week, I will be having some fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with the whole New York Kane Clan and I can hardly wait.

Kano E

2 comments:

Aimée - Vint Condition said...

Yay! I hope you have fun in Disney celebrating Kasey's birthday! Next time I'm home (whenever that is) I'd love to see the little guy.

Oh and as Jar would say to me, pie is not a meal replacement.

Erika said...

Ah yes, but this pie was wonderful, so I did it anyway. It was probably healthier than the greasy alternatives at a diner...

Speaking of coming home, when will you be back?