Monday, October 6, 2008

Birthday, Pumpkins & Asses

This past weekend was pretty busy.

On Friday, the family went to Koto Japanese Steakhouse for my sister's birthday. She is catching up to me in terms of age.

This is a very nice/expensive restaurant, which Erika and I had only been to once before. This was, however, the first time we were bringing Kasey.

I was unsure how he would react to the little show the chef puts on, but I was hoping he enjoyed it. After going through it, I am even more unsure if he enjoyed it or not. When things first got started I think he was a little scared of the chef's gigantic red hat. So, he came and sat on my lap for the duration. Despite looking scared, he wouldn't look away. I think he was intrigued with what was happening - but still a bit frightened.

I got the chicken and shrimp meal, and I have to tell you it is amazing. Erika got the filet and I snuck a bite of that too - it was also outstanding. We got Kasey a chicken meal, but he didn't eat a thing. Uncle Cyle polished Kasey's off that night, however, I am told.

As dinner wound down, Aunt Shannon got an ice cream surprise as the employees sang 'Happy Birthday' to her. The owne also took a snapshot, which I tried to get out of the way for - but still managed to get my mug in the photo.

After dinner, we went back to my parents for cake and ice cream. Kasey had no problem eating this time.

On Saturday, we decided to take Kasey to the pumpkin patch because it was such a beautiful day. Grandma, grandpa and Aunt Shannon met us there. Kasey had fun running around and seeing the various animals, although he was more interested in putting all of the balls in the buckets. He also enjoyed trying to pick up pumpkins that were the same size as he was. He definitely has muscles.

We wanted to try and check out the new Target, but Erika had to head home for work.

Kasey got to stay up a lot longer than usual, but he was definitely starting to doze off on our way home, so we put him up for his nap when we got home. After Erika had left for work, Kasey woke up and I couldn't stop him from crying. I couldn't tell what was wrong - I got him a drink, got him a snack, but nothing worked. He did finally settle down and had a snack.

That night, Kasey woke up with the same screams and tears as he had with his nap. We are now believing that he is getting his molars and the pain is what is waking him up. We got him some medicine and he slept through the rest of the night.

On Sunday, Uncle Cyle & Aunt Shannon came up for the day. Erika made some lasagna for lunch and we watched the football game. It was a pretty lazy day, although I was able to catch up on my science homework.

After Aunt Shannon and Uncle Cyle left, Kasey and I decided to surprise mommy at work for dinner. She enjoyed seeing Kasey and helped her get through the rest of the night. After dinner, Kasey and I went home to play some more before he went to bed.

After catching up on my Survivor with Erika when she got home, and finishing a quiz for science, I watched most of the Steeler game before heading to bed.

The weekends are fun, but definitely too short. I am already looking forward to the next one.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Glad you guys had a good weekend. When did you end up going to the pumpkin patch? We went in the morning...maybe we just missed you. It was a great day to go! Hope Kasey feels better and we'll see you next weekend!