Friday, August 27, 2010

KeyBank

We recently decided to open a second checking account at a bank that is located closer to us. The only banks in Champlain that are also in Plattsburgh were KeyBank and Community Bank. Both of them had lovely bankers hours (without Saturday hours), so I decided we would go with KeyBank because we could sign up online.

To be honest, I was really skeptical about going with them. I’ve heard some bad things, but I really hate Community Banks predecessors, so I bit the bullet. I have to admit that it was really easy to open an account through them. They did send out a letter that was a bit misleading, but when I called Customer Service about it, they quickly resolved the issue.

On top of that, a real person from our local office call me to make sure that my transition was going well. Are you kidding me? A real live person! AWESOME! Last winter, when I called HSBC’s local number, someone in India answered and he ended up having to call our local branch to find out our holiday hours. I was less than thrilled.

So far, I am completely thrilled with them. We are really good with our checking account, so I am not worried about the fees. Besides, if we screw up our account, we deserve to pay the fees. Luckily, I only had one payment almost go through our old account (I forgot to switch it to our new one). Luckily, I caught it in time and I made sure there was enough cash to cover it.


Also, I paid for the dinner for our 10 year reunion with my debit card.  The guy at the Naked Turtle informed me that they authorized my card 3 times.  You know what that means, right?  My available balance was over $900 in the negative.  While KeyBank doesn't have 24 hour customer service, they were able to reverse 2 of the charges this morning.  Thank goodness!
Other than that, life is peachy in our banking world (except that I would like more money in the account).

No comments: