Tuesday, August 24, 2010

AT&T Rant

I should have known what I was getting myself into with AT&T, but they were worse than even I could have expected. I knew that we weren’t going to have reception at our house, so when AT&T announced their Microcell, I was THRILLED! We caved and spent the $150 to buy it and it worked perfectly.
Then, I moved the desk four feet. Yes, you read it correctly. Four feet! Now, it does not work. After hours on the phone with idiot after idiot, they determined my Microcell was broken. So, I had to get a new one shipped to me. Well, it quickly arrived and I took it out of the box. Guess what? STILL DOESN’T WORK!

Hours later and AT&T tells me that they can’t fix it and I have to call the maker of my router, my ISP, and, if that fails, another division of AT&T. The guy also told me that there is usually a charge of $50 to call these people, but that there wouldn’t be any problem in reimbursing the cost.
I called back AT&T and they told me that they wouldn’t waive the fee. Are you kidding me? Luckily, I yelled (literally) loud enough that they reimbursed the fee. Come to find out, after spending $50, this other division has no idea either.
Now I am stuck with a $150 paperweight. Anyone want to buy it??

No comments: