Friday, August 20, 2010

Great Escape

Keith and I decided to surprise Kasey with a trip to Great Escape on 8/14. We also invited Shannon and Cyle to come along. We had tickets from Spring Spin to come back for $13, so we couldn’t beat the price.


So, we loaded up the trunk with a cooler and some food and off we went! Kasey kept trying to guess the whole way down, but he never guessed correctly. It was a little cramped in the car, but we made due.

When we pulled in the parking lot, we told Kasey that we were there. He started to look around to figure it out and, as soon as he saw the Screaming Demon, he gasped and yelled, “THE GREAT ESCAPE.” It was really cute.

Being that food is way too expensive; we had a picnic in the parking lot. Kasey actually thought it was really cool. Once we got in, we realized that it was hot and crowed. I dashed to a locker to put our swim stuff in and the rest of the crew waited for me.

After a quick trip on the carousel, Kasey and I headed to the Condor. I didn’t know if he was going to like it, but I figured we’d try it anyway since Shannon, Cyle and Keith were going on the Screaming Demon. Much to my surprise, he LOVED it. He actually had Cyle bring him again as soon as we got off.
We went on a bunch of other rides and then we headed to the water park. That was pretty much a bust. Everything had a line a mile long and Kasey couldn’t go on the bigger rides. The wave pool and the bucket brigade were both closed for over a half an hour, so we didn’t do that. The lazy river had a super long line for tubes, so I opted to walk the river. Kasey loved getting wet, so that was really all that mattered.
After realizing there wasn’t much for Kasey, we let him go in the Noah’s Spray Yard. He had fun going down the big slides and finally, I bribed him with a ride on the Ferris wheel to get him out.
We went on one last ride and then we headed back to the parking lot for another picnic in the parking lot.
All in all, Kasey left with a basketball that his Uncle Cyle won, a Puss in Boots Shannon and I won and a Pikachu Keith won. I would say it was a great day!

No comments: