Saturday, March 28, 2009

Seattle and back

Well, it's taken me almost a week, but I am FINALLY blogging about my trip. My on-site review of our office went well, but I worked crazy hours. Luckily, I was done working by Thursday afternoon. I was able to relax the rest of the day and Friday morning I drove down to Seattle to spend some time with Aunt Colleen, Uncle Dave and Jake.

Aunt Colleen works from home, so she was there when I arrived. I was able to unpack and chat with her for a bit in between her meetings for work. Once Uncle Dave got home from work, we had chicken, potatoes, asparagus and some white wine for dinner. Afterwards, we played some board games, which was a bunch of fun.

Saturday was a busy day. We went to the Space Needle, Pike's Market, and Kirkland. It was a ton of fun and the weather was beautiful (for once). To wrap it all up, we stopped at Chateau Ste Michelle, which is a winery. There is some amazing wine in Washington! Then we headed back home and played more games, drank more wine and ate some dinner.

Sunday we went to church at Timberlake Church. It was so much fun! Have you ever been to a service that's more like a rock concert? I loved it. Once we got back, we grabbed some lunch and headed to Snoqualmie Falls. Have I ever mentioned that I love waterfalls? They were really beautiful, but it was too cold and rainy to walk down to the bottom. We also checked out the Salish Lodge, which Uncle Dave's company manages. If Keith and I head out the Seattle to visit, we will be spending a night there. It has a fireplace in every room and it overlooks the falls. When we got back, we relaxed, played some wii, ate dinner and I headed off to the airport.

My flight home wasn't too bad. I didn't get too much sleep and I was a total bitch by the time I got home. Once I got home I crashed for a few hours and awaited the arrival of my family. I made some spaghetti for dinner and Kasey came running through the door. He was so happy to see me. Keith was pretty happy. too. :) I bought Kasey a couple of things while I was gone and he loved them.

On Tuesday, Kasey and I hung out all day. We went to visit my grandparent's Reyell. Grandma finally came home from the hospital and she was happy to be home.

The rest of the week was crazy busy at work. Tonight, Keith and I are going to see The Loggerm which ought to be a blast. Hopefully the rest of the weekend will be relaxing.

No comments: