Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A little update

So it’s been over a week and it looks like I am slacking again ALL over the place. This will probably be pretty short, but who really knows.

Last week was sheer hell again, but in a good way. Saturday Keith, Kasey and I went to the egg hunt at the library. Since Kasey was right in the middle of the age groups, I decided I’d let him go look for eggs with the 1-2 year olds inside the library. Most people would ask why, but after seeing the little kids out on the lawn trying to keep up with the 3-5 year olds was kind of sad. Kasey found his five eggs super fast, so he helped another little boy search for eggs. We then grabbed a couple of snacks for him and we were ready to leave. We figured all of the eggs were already gone, but Kasey managed to snag two more just before some big kids tried to take them. He was so happy that he managed to get a package of M7Ms (mnmnms as he says it). After that, we headed to Plattsburgh to drop Kasey off and go to a double feature at the movies. That’s right, two movies in ONE day. I can’t even remember the last movie I went to see in the theatres. Anyway, we went to Cumberland 12 to see Fast and Furious and Adventureland. I had to say that I liked both movies, but I loved Fast and Furious. I can’t help it. Fast cars and Vin Diesel. WOW! He he. After that, we picked up Kasey and headed to the mall. We ended up buying new shoes for Keith and Kasey. I got Kasey the cutest Converse All-Stars. I’ll have to post a picture of them. Finally, at 8:00, we got home to relax a bit.

Sunday was MUCH calmer. Kasey and I went to Price Chopper, as always. He still loves going and he doesn’t even realize that I use it as an opportunity to squeeze in some speech therapy. Once we were done there, Kasey decided that he wanted McDonald’s for lunch, so off we went. Basically, we just hung around most of the day and we watched the final episode of ER. I was sad to see it end. It’s one of the few shows that have withstood the test of time. Kasey did not take a nap, yet again, so he was a crab. He managed to land himself in time out quite a bit. I got some spring purging done, too. Hopefully I’ll be able to do a little bit more this weekend.

Last night we went to my parents’ house, like we do every Tuesday. Kasey ate SO MUCH. He had 1.5 tacos, a cinnamon bun, 2 cookies, and gummy worms. WHAT A PIG. My grandpa came down to give Kasey a chocolate bunny for Easter and that made his day. He was happy to see his Great Papa. He crashed in the car, which was really cute. He was talking most of the way and then he was out like a light.

The rest of this week will just be dashing around to get ready for Easter. Plus, I head out to Los Angeles in about two weeks, so I’ll be getting ready for that, too.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Sounds like you guys have been just as busy as us! Haven't seen you guys in a while...are you heading to CVPH for the egg hunt on Saturday? If you are we were wondering if you wanted to meet there and maybe do lunch after? I know with our hectic schedules it's hard to see each other....but we miss you guys =(

Erika said...

We actually didn't plan on going. I heard that it was really crazy, plus we have a lot to do before Easter.