Sunday, April 26, 2009

Visits with Family

For blog two, I am going to go over our journeys last Thursday and Friday. You see, Meme, Papa, and Aunt Shannon all went to Pittsburgh for Aunt Shannon’s bridal shower. This meant Mommy stayed home with Kasey on Thursday and Friday so that Daddy only had to take off Monday.

Now don’t get me wrong, I LOVE spending time with my kid, but it is exhausting. To add to it, I had to get ready for my trip to Los Angeles (blog 3). Thursday wasn’t too bad. The plans WERE pretty simple. I had two conference calls I had to call in for and I had to be in Plattsburgh sometime after 2:00 to visit with Grandma & Grandpa Reyell. No prob, right? HA!

My first conference call was at 11:30, so Kasey ate lunch a little early and I sent him upstairs for a nap. Around 12:45, I was done the conference call and I heard Kasey trying to get out of his room. Now this is against all of the rules, so I went upstairs to tell him to get his butt in bed. Well, I opened the door and his room was trashed and he had pooped. Great… Did I mention that my next call was at 1:00? Yeah. So everything was cleaned up and the little terror was back downstairs. I dialed in for my call, but I wasn’t able to say anything because Kasey was being REALLY loud. Oh well. By 1:30 everything was done and I was packing Kasey up to go to Plattsburgh.

Kasey and I ran a bunch of errands in Plattsburgh and headed to my grandparents’ around 4:00. Well, they weren’t home. I had told them at Easter that I would be there after 2:00 and they were MIA. Oh well, I figured that we would just go to my parents’ house and hang out there. So, back in the car we went and I got to my parents’ just to realize that I took the key for their house out of my purse during my packing spree earlier in the day. No prob! I would just get the spare key. Well, guess what? That was missing, too. So, Kasey and I had to play outside for 45 minutes until Daddy showed up. Too bad Kasey was dirty and soaked by the time Keith showed up. So, we cleaned up, ate a great dinner and headed for ice cream. Later that night I talked to my Grandpa Reyell and he said that they thought Kasey and I were coming up for lunch. So, he asked me to come up on Friday instead. I hadn’t really planned on driving all the way back to Beekmantown again, but I love them both dearly, so I said yes.

Friday was sheer hell. I got up around 7:15 and got in the shower ASAP. Kasey and I headed to my work to pick up a few things I needed for my trip. While we were there, Kasey scored a Nutrigrain bar and a peanut butter cup. He was so happy to see everyone. He chattered about it all the way to my Grandparents Garrant’s house.

Once we got to Grandma and Grandpa Garrant’s, Kasey was even more excited. You see, Great Papa had the motorcycle out. Needless to say, Kasey didn’t even want to go inside. Great Papa let Kasey sit on the bike and even took him for a little ride around the yard. They both looked like they were having a blast. Once we pried him off the motorcycle, Kasey ran and called “PAPA!” Of course Grandpa followed him and let Kasey do whatever he wanted. Finally we went inside and Kasey promptly trashed the place. Around 11:30 we headed out to have lunch with my other grandparents.
At about 11:45, Kasey and I showed up and Grandma and Grandpa Reyell’s house. Kasey took off for the lawnmower (he calls it a tractor) immediately. After quite the fit, he was dragged into the house. He instantly forgot about the lawnmower and went running to the living room. The first thing he said was, “Hi Gramma! Where’s Papa?” Got to love kids! Once Kasey realized that Great Grandpa was in the garden, he started asking Great Grandma about everything he could think of. It was cute. Kasey ate really well at lunch and he was awarded with a ride on the “tractor.” Now I love my grandpa, but I think everyone agrees that he lets us kids drive tractors along a bit too young, as my cousin Kait pointed out. So, Kasey drove all the way from the garden back to the house by himself. Of course Papa was right there the whole time, but still…

Finally, we hit the road and went back home. I managed to keep Kasey up until we got home (he doesn’t stay asleep between the car and the house and he won’t go back to sleep). I carried him upstairs, put him to bed and I went to lay down myself. I had most of my packing done and the house was somewhat clean. Kasey didn’t fall to sleep, but I dozed off a bit. Keith came home early and we had pizza for dinner. Then, we walked to my tanning appointment and got ice cream before returning home. I was able to finish the laundry, finish packing and I was in bed by 9:00. Too bad I didn’t fall asleep until almost 9:30. At 2:00 am, the alarm woke me up for yet another cross country trip, but that I will save for the next blog.

I love the fact that my son is lucky enough to have three great grandmas and two great grandpas. I don't think he realizes how lucky he is, but I I know that he loves them all and knows what's special about each of them. I hope he is as blessed with family as I was growing up.

No comments: