Monday, March 9, 2009

Another week has gone by...

Well, the week was relatively calm until all hell broke loose on Thursday. Can’t we just go one week with a bit of normalcy?

Thursday morning, my mom sent an e-mail stating that my grandmother was brought to the hospital by ambulance. Apparently, she fell down two stairs and broke both of her ankles. My poor Grandma Reyell has more stuff happen to her, I swear, but this was pretty bad. Her and my grandfather had just gotten back from there sojourn in Florida a few days before the accident. It turns out that she had a hairline fracture on the left ankle and a compound fracture on the right. Here’s what I don’t understand. The hospital kept calling it a compound fracture, but it never broke the skin. Anyway… I guess after she fell grandma dragged herself to the cordless phone just to find out it was dead and she had to drag herself all the way to the kitchen to get the wall phone.

On Friday, I decided that I would go to the hospital to wait with Grandpa while Grandma was in surgery. They didn’t come to get her until 3:15. They didn’t even know at that point if they could operate because her ankle wasn’t set correctly twice on Thursday. Luckily, they opened her up and she was out of surgery in a half an hour. I can honestly say that I cried when I first saw her. She’s so little to begin with and to see her in that much pain, it just broke my heart. Go ahead, call me a wuss, I dare you!

Backtracking a bit… I went to the gym with Kasey Friday afternoon. Linda, my mother-in-law, said that Kasey is really nervous and timid around other kids and that he wouldn’t going into this bouncy house they have. She said my goal was to get him into the bouncy thing. Once we got there, Kasey was a little shy. Once he went through his little icebreaker of saying “Hi” to the other kids, he was playing and having a blast. I also got him to FINALLY go into the bounce house. The first time, I had to crawl in with him. About halfway through, I snuck out and he was fine. I actually had to coerce him to get OUT of the darn thing. Later on, he got in line to go again and he went in all by himself. I’m happy he’s starting to get over some of his anxiety, but at the same time, he was a little bit of a bully, too. I guess you can’t have everything…

Friday night we were supposed to meet Aimee, Jaramy, Dee, & Mark at PSU to go to the Laramie Project. Crazy us didn’t buy tickets beforehand and it was all sold-out. So instead, we headed to Friendly’s for ice cream and then we headed back to Dee & Mark’s for awhile. Around 1:00, we got home, unloaded the kid and dog and crashed.

As for the rest of the weekend, we didn’t do much. Kasey and I took a long walk on Saturday and bought two street hockey sticks, which he LOVES. On Sunday, Keith and I watched The House Bunny. Other than that, I was trying to get everything figured out for my work trip next weekend. Hopefully it will be warmer in Seattle/Blaine. I’m sick of the cold!

No comments: