Monday, July 2, 2012

The Vow

Now, I am not and will not ever be a movie blogger, but I figured these little blogs can fill in much needed gaps in my blogging.

So, a little while ago, I had two hours of time that magically appeared.  I decided to forgo the obligatory cleaning and watch The Vow instead. 

While I utterly abhor happy endings, I am still a sucker for chick flicks.  With that being said, I completely expected the typical happy ending.  Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum, but I had little hope that this would actually be a good movie.

The premise is the typical boy meets girl situation, with the exception that Paige (McAdams) loses all memory of her husband Leo (Tatum) as a result of the car accident.  Now, I am not the type to give away anything in the movie, but I was happy that it didn't have your typical happy ending.  I also enjoy the fact that it was based on a true story.

While it was worthy of one watch, I doubt I'll watch it again.  For all of my fellow chick flick fans, you will probably want to see it once, but I wouldn't rush it to the top of your Netflix queues.


No comments: