Thursday, December 18, 2008

School & Christmas (Edited)

Well, I had been waiting to post here until I officially found out my grades for the semester. But, nothing has been updated as of yet - so I thought I would post anyway and if the grades come about I will edit.

Anyway, I completed my first semester back to school last Friday. I had a pair of finals on Tuesday, one of which was English that I had to go into class to take - then my math final which I took at Mark's house.

I believe I did pretty good on both. I had already finished my 20 book files and with the help of my friend Matt, completed a children's book (which again I hope to post at some point). I actually got an A+ on both projects - so I feel I did rather well in that class.

At the midway point in math I had an A-, and I did rather well the rest of the semester with a few exceptions on a couple of sections I was not quite understanding. But, I got a little help and think I did better with those on the final.

As for science, I had a C+ midway through, and in order to get the credit I need at Plattsburgh State, needed to get a B. I busted my butt the last few weeks of the semester, and got some help from Erika, and according to the site had an 85 at the end of the semester - so my calculations have me at a B. But, we will have to wait and see.

EDIT: I received my grades on Friday and managed an A in English, B+ in math and that all-important B in Science. It is a Merry Christmas, folks.

Christmas is right around the corner now and I am really looking forward to it. Kasey absolutely loves Santa (at least from a distance) and snow. He did rather well last year with Christmas, and another year older, I feel he will be pretty darn fun this year.

Tomorrow night I have my companies Christmas party and we are heading over to Erika's friends for a little while after that for another party. Saturday, I guess we are having dinner at her aunt's house. And Erika is hoping to finish her cookie baking this weekend as well.

Erika went shopping with her dad on Tuesday, so Kasey and I had dinner with my parents then went home. He actually wanted to get to bed early - so I wrapped Erika's and Cyle's presents while he slept and Erika was away.

We have also been doing our best with my 25 Days of Christmas movie watch that I started this year. You can check that out on the original Kano's Kogitation if you want. With so much going on and my final week of school, we got a little behind - but we are trying to catch up on them during the weekends.

Danielle and Mark got us a photo session at Sears for our Christmas present - and we did that last Saturday. I felt we got a lot of good shots, especially of Kasey. Not sure when those will be in, but I will post them when we get them.

We had tried to do family photos at Wal-Mart a few months back, but it went horribly and they did a pretty bad job. We were glad to get back to Sears, as they do a much better job, and having Dee take our pictures got Kasey a little more interested as well.

I guess that is pretty much it. I hope everyone has a great holiday, and we will do our best to get a posting about our Christmas.

No comments: