Friday, February 20, 2009

Yet another busy week

Again, we have been one busy little family… It all goes back to last Friday (aka: The day before the wedding). I was actually smart enough to take the whole day off of work to get everything ready for Katy’s wedding and boy am I happy I did!

I dashed out of the house at 11:00 and nearly forgot my bridesmaid’s dress (seriously, who does that?). Once everything was in the car, I was off to run errands. Dee gave me a couple of items to pick up for the emergency bag and I had to find hair clips, a purse and closed toe shoes. I went to walmart and I have to say that I honestly hate that place. I couldn’t find anything I needed from there, so I went to the mall. I first attacked Claire’s for something to put in my hair (stupid me cut it too short to do anything nice with it). Much to my surprise, I ran into Katy there. Seems that we had a similar issue with missing hair clips. I asked her what she was up to for the rest of the day and she said nothing, so I dragged her along with me to try to find a purse, shoes, nail polish and nylons. Luckily, she talked me out of this really ugly purse with a hideously huge bow on it. I was just going to buy it because it matched our dresses. Ha ha! Next we stopped in Payless. I have to admit, I generally try to avoid this store, but I needed shoes that would keep my feet warmer and I was desperate. Wouldn’t you know that we found a pair of shoes that nearly matched our dresses? Good thing Katy made me try them on! They were only $10 and all shoes were buy one get one half off, so I bought Dee a pair, too. Who can beat $15 for two pairs of shoes we’ll wear once? After running to Target for the remaining items, I went to General Trading Company and found a new Vera Bradley purse that went well with my dress (What can I say? I’m obsessed!).

Just before rehearsal, Katy and I headed over to her parent’s to drop off our dresses. While we were there, we did a little cleaning to help out Mrs. LaBarr and then we were on a run again to the rehearsal. Now, I have to be honest, when the groom is missing, the rehearsal goes super fast. After two quick practice runs, I took a very wet Jack (he was playing in the baptismal font) back to Dee and Mark’s. Once Kim, Katy, Dee & Mark were there, we had pizza, breadsticks and cookies. THEY WERE ALL SO YUMMY!! Then we played Apples to Apples, which got way out of hand, but it was a blast. Finally, I headed off to my parents house for some much needed sleep.

Saturday came all too soon and I was up and running AGAIN. My wonderful mom made me chocolate chip cookies for breakfast. How awesome is that?? Then, I went to Klipper Korner to get my hair done. I hate to say this, but I hated my hair. I wanted something really simple and I ended up looking like an old lady with way too much hairspray. I guess I’ll have to prepare better for the other two weddings I’m in this year. I then returned to my parents to wait for Dee to pick me up. Once she picked me up, we sped to Dee’s parents and threw our dresses on as the photographers were already there. Now about the photographers: Katy had Greer and Cicarelli and I have to tell you guys, they are wonderful. They did Dee’s wedding, my aunt and uncle's wedding, and now Katy’s and I just love their work. I think I’ll have them do our next family pictures. Anyway, the wedding was beautiful. Ryan, Katy and just about everyone cried. The reception was amazing and, yes, I did eat two plates of food, but it was SO worth it. I should have noted sooner though that my dress was taken in a little too much and the boning in it made it very hard to breathe. Well, Keith and I had a blast and I’m pretty sure everyone else did, too.

Sunday was the post-wedding brunch at Crickets. Thankfully, Katy and Ryan allowed Kasey to come and I got to see my little guy for the first time since Thursday. We picked up Jack at Cliff & Joan’s and headed to Plattsburgh to do a baby-swap at my in-laws. Kasey was less then wonderful at brunch, but once we got a ball out, Jack, Mark, Dee, Kasey and I played a little soccer which kept the boys giggling. We had to pick my car up on the way home, so Kasey and I stayed at my parents for a bit and Keith went to pick up Abby and head home. Well, this is where it gets interesting. Apparently, Kasey is now obsessed with the mall. He decided to tell me that he didn’t want to go home, but rather he wanted to go the mall for a ball. What can I say? I missed him terribly, so off we went. Wouldn’t you know it, he really did want a ball. He didn’t ask for it until we were in Dicks and I told him he couldn’t have another pair of Crocs. So, we went off to Target to buy a new DVD player and we found a ball for Kasey. He was a good kid, so I guess he deserved it.

Monday I was off for President’s Day, so Kasey and I went to the grocery store. That kid sure loves shopping! I actually don’t mind bringing him because I use it as a speech therapy session. Once we came home, Kasey was off for a nap and, believe it or not, he actually took one in his big boy bed. I guess I really tired him out!

Tuesday I had my six month dental cleaning and it was sheer hell. I went to run some errands and then we went out to eat at Butcher Block with the in-laws.

Wednesday I started to feel pretty crappy and yesterday morning was terrible. I stayed home from work and literally slept all day. I feel a little better today and hopefully I will be much better by tomorrow.

As for tomorrow, Kasey and I are heading down to Albany for Emma’s 2nd birthday party. Now, for anyone who doesn’t know Emma, she is this sweet little girl. She and her brother, Tyler, belong to Jamie & Andy Bosselman. Jamie is Stacy’s cousin. They are really great people and I hate that we don’t get to see each other more often. I’ll try to update you on that trip on Sunday, if I get a chance. However, I just may want to relax for a change!

Kano E

No comments: